For boat insurance, you want to make sure you have adequate insurance coverage and that you did not miss something that may cause problems later. It is better to identify gaps in insurance coverage before you have a claim so that the coverage may be expanded as necessary, if possible, for your protection. When getting or renewing boat insurance, it is important to work with your agent at Voi Insurance Solutions LLC, serving Glendale, CA and the surrounding area.
Here is a checklist of some common considerations that you may want to discuss with your agent:
- Storage: Securely storing a boat, when it is not in use, can reduce risk. Let your agent know if the boat will be moored because in the case of storm surge the boat may wash ashore and cause damage to other people’s property that you may be responsible for if it occurs.
- Transport: There may be increased risk if you transport your boat on a trailer for long distances to get to the water. May sure to discuss this with your agent.
- Personal Property: You may have many valuable items that you take with you on the boat. Besides the navigational equipment and other valuable electronics, you might have expensive fishing gear, scuba equipment, or many other things on the boat with you. You want to be sure to have insurance protection if they are lost or damaged.
- Territorial Limits: Some boat insurance has geographical limits about the area where its use is covered by insurance. Be aware of this and stay within the geographical limits unless you extend coverage prior to a voyage.
- Maintenance: Be sure to follow the general maintenance requirements, so you do not violate any provisions in your insurance policy that might cause a problem.
Contact your agent at Voi Insurance Solutions LLC in Glendale, CA by calling using the convenient online form to get a boat insurance review and quote.