With disposable income stretching thin, it’s not uncommon for you to stick to the state-required auto insurance. But is it enough? Does it protect you optimally if a peril were to strike today? If similar questions are running through your mind, keep reading as Voi Insurance Solutions LLC of Glendale, CA elaborates whether state auto insurance is adequate.
Required auto insurance in California
To establish whether state-auto insurance is adequate, let’s find out what auto insurance you need in California. Below are the requirements for California auto insurance:
- Bodily injury liability with a minimum of $15,000/person and $30,000/accident
- Property damage liability with a minimum of $5,000
- Uninsured motorist coverage — although you can reject this in writing
While the above is what is required by the state, at Voi Insurance Solutions LLC, we recommend you to consider other auto insurance coverages. Why? The above state minimums are just minimums. They have limited coverage limits, and they protect other people but not you and your vehicle.
Optional auto insurance coverages to consider
Besides advising our clients to increase their liability coverages’ limits, we recommend motorists to consider the following optional auto insurance coverages.
- Collision coverage: This policy repairs your car when involved in an accident with other vehicles or stationary objects.
- Comprehensive coverages: It covers your vehicle against non-collision risks like theft, fire, vandalism, and certain natural disasters.
- Roadside assistance: When you purchase this coverage, you get access to services like towing, gas delivery, and puncture repair when your car stalls away from your home.
- Medical payments / personal injury protection (PIP) coverage: Following an auto accident, you or your passengers will likely sustain injuries. Without a health insurance plan, you will have to pay for your medical costs from your pocket. Thankfully, auto insurance takes care of hospitalization, surgery, X-rays, and other accident-related expenses.
Are you shopping or renewing your auto insurance policy in Glendale, CA, and its environs? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Voi Insurance Solutions LLC for a competitive quote.